2024 International Communication Association (ICA) regional conference Human Tech Transition welcomes research from multiple disciplines that investigates communication immersed in modern technologies through the prism of changes imposed by the crises of modernity. Media, new technologies, and the crises of today’s world are a triad whose interpenetration and relations will be the theme of our conference. We argue that linking empirical social research with technological advances will help better understand individuals’ and social groups’ behavior. The topics of the speeches should fit the thematic panels (tracks) listed below.
- Communication in times of war – new media, old strategies
- Communication in times of war – the role of media as institution
- Pandemic and lockdown as spiritus movens of the technological revolution in communication
- Climate crisis – communication through the lens of new technologies
- Technologies in social life – a solution or another crisis?
- Fighting for order and attention in times of datafication: digital media as a new tool for restoring social order
- Mediatization in the era of AI – track organized in cooperation with ECREA
Our conference follows the ICA’s standards as the as well as Conference Code of Conduct.