Date(s) - 01/04/2020
Todo el día
+ info: Trípodos
The objectives of the special issue are summarised in the following areas:
– Outline the scope of populist discourses (track record, references, and impact on
– Describe the resistance to the EU’s integrating discourse in the context of neoliberal
globalisation vis-à-vis populist discourses.
– Explore the 2019 European elections, and certain recent electoral processes at a
national level within EU member states.
– Analyse and define the confidence that citizens have in the media.
– Establish the scope of ‘fake-news’ in the productive routines of information generated
by the media.
– Discuss the effectiveness and relevance of ‘fact-checkers’.
– Evaluate the capacity of the media to determine the information agenda.
– Investigate the effectiveness of political parties’ communicative strategies.